Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE
We don’t know about you, but after a long day of work, we are often super hungry and want a healthy snack that will leave us feeling satisfied! When you don’t have a healthy snack available, it leads to impulse eating and unhealthy decisions!
For a quick and nutritious snack, whip up some guacamole! (We do this the night before so it’s ready when we’re hungry and it doesn’t give us time to start eating impulsively!)
For a unique twist and to lower the calories in your guacamole, swap out half the avocado in your recipe for mashed green peas. You’ll keep the volume but lose calories and a lot of fat which is a good idea since you still will be eating dinner later, after your snack.
Remember, even though guacamole is really nutritious given that the main ingredient is the nutrient rich avocado, it’s still loaded with calories and fat [even though it’s the healthy, monounsaturated fat]). Serve with a few whole-grain crackers or sliced fresh vegetables like carrots, celery, and cucumbers.
Ingredients (makes 8 servings):
- 10-ounce pack of frozen peas
- ½ soft avocado
- ½ ripe tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 1/3 chopped onion (optional)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- Cook the peas according to package instructions – then, empty into a colander, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place peas in a blender and blend to desired consistency.
- Add avocado and use a fork to break it into small pieces.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl with chopped tomato and onion.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice, a dash of salt, stir and serve.
Fat: 1.8g (sat fat: 0.2g)