Image reprinted with permission from www.thenutritionalepiphany.com and www.healthyaperture.com
With the Super Bowl only 24 hours away, we can’t help but wonder how the Ravens and the 49ers are getting the energy they need to play … Must be what they’re eating! As you’re getting ready to watch these teams play for the win tomorrow, why not prepare some healthy game day foods your guests are sure to love?
One of our favorite healthy game day recipes are these Zucchini Fries paired with Turkey Burger Sliders. They are nutritious, delicious, energy filled, and a GREAT pair to munch on while watching the game.
- 2 whole zucchinis, cut into 2-3 inch sticks
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup of skim milk
- ½ cup of non fat, shredded, Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of low sodium, seasoned breadcrumbs
- Whisk egg white and milk together in a bowl.
- Combine cheese and breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Dip each zucchini stick into the milk mixture bowl and then into the cheese mixture bowl.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and cook at 425° until golden brown (about 25-30 minutes, depending on your oven). Makes about 35 fries, yum!
Turkey Burger Sliders:
- 1 pound of extra lean ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- ½ small red onion, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup minced, fresh cilantro
- 8 mini whole wheat dinner rolls
Whisk together the egg white, onion, cumin, and cilantro in a bowl. Add turkey and mix until blended. Shape turkey into about 3 inch balls (makes about 8), and cook on grill or stove top for about 6-8 minutes, or until well cooked. Place each slider on a whole wheat roll and top with lettuce, tomato, avocado, or any other veggies you want!
Do you have any healthy meals you like to eat on game day?