- ¼ c. whole wheat penne
- Olive oil in a spray container (or olive oil cooking spray)
- ¼ medium avocado
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 T. white vinegar
- 1 T. lemon juice
- ½ T. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. honey
- salt (optional, to taste)
- pinch of pepper
- ¼ c. cherry tomato
- 1 T. chopped basil
- In a medium mixing bowl, spritz a light, even coat of olive oil cooking spray on the cherry tomatoes, add a dash of pepper, and mix all together. Next place tomatoes on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray and roast them on 450F for about 35-40 minutes or until they begin to wrinkle.
- Meanwhile boil pasta in a large pot.
- While pasta is boiling, place avocado, vinegar, honey, oil, garlic, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor on high until it is a liquid consistency. If the mixture is too thick, add a little water at a time until it becomes a liquid consistency.
- Once tomatoes are roasted, pasta is boiled, and sauce is blended, mix the sauce, pasta, and tomatoes together. Garnish with chopped basil and a pinch of pepper and salt to taste. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (analysis without optional salt to taste): Serves: 1, Serving Size: 1/2 c.; Calories Per Serving: 179; Total Fat: 10g; Protein: 3g; Carbohydrate: 22g; Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 8g; Sodium: 7mg
*Additional serving suggestions: If you would like to make this a full meal, this delicious meal would go well with grilled chicken or salmon and steamed broccoli.
For more recipes like this, Check out our new book! The Nutrition Twins’ Veggie Cure!
You may also like our:
Chicken Fried Rice Done Healthy
Homemade Pancakes only 56 Calories each
Skinny, Speedy Walnut Oatmeal Cookies, only 3 ingredients!