Has your salad become repetitive and boring?
Well kiss your mundane salad goodbye with this spiced up meal that will not only tantalize your taste buds but also boost your fruit and vegetable intake! Added bonus? This salad is packed with protein!
Feta, Berry and Watermelon Balsamic Salad
Makes 1 Serving
- 1/8 cup Feta Cheese, fat free, crumbled
- 1 oz Black Beans, cooked
- 1/4 c Blueberries
- 1/2 c Broccoli, chopped2 tbsp Red Cabbage, raw, slices
- 2 tbsp Celery, slices
- 1/2 c Cucumber, with skin, slices
- 1 c Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 2 oz Whole Wheat Pasta, cooked
- 1/4 c Roasted Red Peppers, slices
- 1/2 c Zucchini, with skin, slices
- 1/2 c Strawberries, halves
- 1/2 c Watermelon, diced
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Prepare the whole wheat pasta according to the package directions.
- Clean and prepare the fruits and vegetables.
- Chop the romaine lettuce and broccoli.
- Slice the red cabbage, celery, cucumber, roasted red peppers, and zucchini.
- Cut the strawberries and watermelon.
- Place the bed of lettuce in a bowl and decorate with the list of ingredients!
- Top off with balsamic vinegar, toss and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 267 calories, 2g fat, 9g fiber, 14g protein
Added bonus? This recipe is loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, Maganese, Potassium and 37% of the recommended daily value of fiber!
For a delicious yet healthy salad dressing, be sure to check out this recipe!: