Oh my! We are so excited to share these lil’ dreamsicles with you! If it’s your first time stopping by our site, we know what you’re probably thinking –that since were registered dietitians and personal trainers and since we eat a healthy diet, exercise and love veggies that we automatically must just not like sweets. Ha! If only!
The truth is we like all sweets and we simply love chocolate— and frozen desserts. In fact, we joke about being single-handedly (or double ) responsible for putting a frozen yogurt shop out of business when we were in high school and our friend worked at the shop and hooked us up with free frozen yogurt. We practically lived there!
The days of free, healthy fro-yo are long gone, but luckily, we’ve created our own pretty delicious, waistline-friendly frozen desserts that we can eat and get in the very comfort of our own home! We started with some refreshing numbers like our Homemade Strawberry Fro-yo , Skinny Strawberry Mint Ice Cream, Dark Chocolate Banana Ice Cream , and this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream ? And those just got us excited to make more!
Curious what gets weight loss hopefuls who have a sweet tooth into trouble?
It’s portion control! Think about it like this: Even if we all had a very rich-and creamy decadent bite of Fudgey Cake every night, weight loss is still very possible. However, when that bite suddenly becomes a large slice or two of cake, the calories add up so much that they result in weight gain…
So, other than the fact that these pops are naturally low in calories—they are also portion-controlled, so it’s a win-win! And the best win? They taste creamy, rich and delicious!
Peaches & Cream Pop
Cool down in the dog days of summer with this Peaches and Cream Pop! This dreamsicle takes a healthy spin on an old-time favorite, with Greek yogurt instead of whipped cream. You’ll sneak in the creaminess and some protein with your treat as well—but minus the fat and calories! How peachy! 🙂
Makes 2 pops
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup chopped frozen peaches
2 tsp honey
1. Scoop the yogurt into a bowl and add in the vanilla and honey and peaches and, mix until evenly distributed.*
2. Using a spatula, scrape the mixture into popsicle molds, put a stick in the top. Place in the freezer for about an hour and a half. How peachy! Enjoy!
*If you don’t like chunks in your pops, then put the mixture in the blender to reach a smooth consistency then pour them into the molds!
Nutrition Facts (per 1 pop)
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 8 mg
Protein: 5 g
Sodium: 20 mg
Sugar: 9 g
Fiber: 0 g
35% RDA vitamin C
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup chopped frozen peaches
- 2 tsp honey
- Scoop out the Greek yogurt into a separate bowl and add in the vanilla and honey and peaches and mix until evenly distributed.*
- Using a spatula, scrape the mixture into popsicle molds, put a stick in the top. Place in the freezer for about an hour and a half. How peachy! Enjoy!
- *If you don’t like chunks in your pops, then put the mixture in the blender to reach a smooth consistency then pour them into the molds!