Quick & Healthy Twice Baked Potato Recipe and
Chipotle Chayote Twice Baked Potatoes
Ready Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min
•2 teaspoons heart-healthy butter spread
•1 cup chopped onion
•4 (5 to 6-ounce) russet potatoes
•1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
•1 teaspoon garlic salt
•Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Melt spread in a medium skillet. Add onion and cook over medium heat in a skillet for 10 to 15 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
2. While onions are cooking, place potatoes in a medium microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Make a small slit to vent, then microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft when gently squeezed.
3. Let cool slightly, then cut in half and carefully scoop out potato leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Mash potatoes, then stir in cooked onion, yogurt, garlic salt and pepper.
4. Place potato skins on a baking sheet and fill with mashed potato mixture.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
For Chipotle Chayote Twice Baked Potatoes Variation:
Cook 1/4 cup each: black beans, fresh or frozen corn and diced chayote or zucchini squash with onions. Stir into mashed potato mixture with 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese and 1/3 cup chipotle salsa and spoon into potato skins. Bake as directed above and top with avocado slices and chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
Nutritional analysis per serving (two halves):
Calories: 250, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 530mg, Potassium: 898mg, Carbohydrates: 43g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 10g, Vitamin A: 10%, Vitamin C: 45%, Calcium: 20%, Iron: 10%