Meet Cat Cora! You may remember her from Iron Chef America. We’re sending a huge thank you to this fantastic Iron Chef winner and all-around awesome gal, Cat Cora & Wonderful Almonds for a delish 5-course meal! We can’t wait to share these recipes with you!
All of her recipes are scrumptious but light so they won’t weigh you down and they’re sure to provide the ENERGY you need for the day!
You’ve gotta try her Almond Crusted Tuna Tataki Salad with Avocado Tzatziki! The tuna in her dish tasted amazing! Ahi tuna, found in this recipe, is a great source of protein, which helps you to feel satisfied and to stay fueled. Three ounces of ahi tuna provides about 20g of protein! Ahi tuna also provides a significant amount of vitamin B to your diet which is needed to turn your food into energy.
The avocados in this recipe also provide all 18 essential amino acids and provide a great source of vitamin C and E. That’s a lot of nutrients in one little vegetable!
Tuna Tataki Salad
- ½ cup Wonderful Almond Accents No Salt, divided
- 1 tbsp. minced dried orange zest
- 1 tbsp. cracked black pepper
- ½ lb. very fresh, sushi-grade ahi tuna
- Kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 small head Butter leaf Lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 head of radicchio, roughly chopped
- Avocado Tzatziki (recipe below)
- ½ cup peeled, seeded and grated cucumber
- ½ avocado, diced small.
- Crush ¼ cup of the almonds by placing in a zip-top bag and rolling with a rolling pin. On a shallow plate, mix almonds, dried orange zest and cracked black pepper.
- Season tuna with salt. Make ½-inch deep slices in the tuna, every ¼ to ½-inch or so to make it easier to slice after cooking. Roll the tuna in the almond mixture, pressing lightly so the mixture adheres to the tuna.
- Place a skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and sear tuna on all sides, about 30 seconds preside. Remove tuna from pan and set aside. Add lime juice and stir with a wooden spoon, scraping any bits from bottom of pan. Pout the lime juice over the tuna. Let rest 10 minutes. Slice through on precuts.
- 1 cup plain yogurt (or low-fat)
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp minced garlic (about 1 small clove)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
Combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in cucumber and avocado. Refrigerate until serving, up to 2 hours ahead. Keeps up to one day.
- Mound lettuce and radicchio on four serving plates
- Arrange three slices of tuna over lettuces
- Top with a dollop of Avocado Tzatziki
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Almond Accents and garnish with a mint sprig and lemon wedge
How do you usually make your tuna?