We love it when snacks really just hit the spot–satiating, fiber and protein and crunchy and flavorful–and when they don’t burst the calorie bank! So yay for this lil’ number-it’s got all the goods, minus the bloat and calories that come with most snacks. This has just 105 calories per serving– dig in! 🙂
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- non-stick cooking spay
Lemon Sage Rub Ingredients:
- 1 lemon
- 1 T. dried Sage
- dash of pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Make sure drained chickpeas are dried completely. You can use a paper towel if they aren’t dry.
- Lay chickpeas flat, without being piled on each other, on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roast for roughly 45 minutes. Depending on your oven, this time may be a little longer. Check your peas about every ten minutes and shake the pan to shift them to cook evenly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, squeeze a lemon and add the dried sage. Mix ingredients with a whisk or fork until there are no longer sage clumps.
- When your peas are finished, they’ll be light golden brown and crunchy. When you take them out of the oven, immediately pour your lemon sage rub on them and shift the pan to coat the chickpeas.
- Once every chickpea is generously coated in lemon sage rub, place the pan back in the oven on broil.
- Allow the coated chickpeas to broil for about 25 minutes. Be sure to shift them every 5-10 minutes so they do not burn.
- When the chickpeas are crispy enough to your liking, remove the pan from the oven and allow them to cool. After chickpeas have cooled, eat them—or pack them for on the go!
Nutrition Facts: Serves: 4, Serving Size: 1/2 cup; Calories Per Serving: 105; Total Fat: 1g; Protein: 6g; Carbohydrate: 21g; Fiber: 7g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 120mg
For a 10-day Weight Loss Jumpstart and Detox Plan and more delicious healthy recipes like this plus a GET HEALTHY plan, please check out The Nutrition Twins’ Veggie Cure!
To check out the Sizzle Reel for the TV series we’ve been working on finding a home for please click here.We hope to be able to bring you the show soon. Please help us make this happen by watching the short trailer. And click “like” on the video if you’d, like to see the whole show! Thanks so much!