Um, we don’t mean to toot our own horn with this one, but this is pretty darn scrumptious if we don’t say so ourselves! 🙂 Although, we can’t really take full credit–our Grandma Pearl was the originator on our end–but more on that later! For now, we’re calling all health-minded chocolate lovers! Yes, YOU! This recipe contains two simple ingredients– and is perfect for anyone who loves their chocolate (sign us up!) but doesn’t want to break the calorie-bank and throw health by the wayside!
We channeled our incredible Grandma Pearl when we made this recipe– she always was creating new, healthy recipes! We remember loving that she seemed to have an endless supply of frozen bananas in the freezer– they were coated in a strawberry or fruit flavored yogurt and she always offered them for dessert. They were so cool and refreshing and we just felt good eating them!
We really enjoyed those bananas and looked forward to having one–and we want you to be able to do the same. So in honor of our Amazing Grandma Pearl, we’ve created our own rendition of the Pretty Pearl Perfect Treat, but with Chocolate, of course ;). These dreamsicles are so delicious and healthy to boot and you can make ’em with just 2 simple ingredients.
Say Hello to our Frozen Banana Chocolasicles! Just 97 Calories per serving! Thank you Grandma Pretty Pearl!
- 1 banana
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dark Chocolate Chips (20 Chips)
- Nuts, 1 tsp chopped of you choice (optional)
- Heat chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave for about 45 seconds until melted or until soft enough to easily press into a sauce-like consistency. (This will vary on your microwave)
- Cut the banana in half and press a popsicle stick into the banana about an inch to an inch and a half in the bottom of each half so it's running through the banana's length.
- Using the stick to hold the banana, roll each banana half in the chocolate in the bowl until most of the outside of the banana is covered in chocolate.
- Spray the bottom of a freezer proof Tupperware and place banana in Tupperware and place in the freezer overnight. (Grandma Pearl used to place her banana on a piece of tin foil and allow to freeze on that.
You could also wrap these puppies in tin foil and freeze them that way, however you probably want to spray the tin foil with oil first to prevent sticking. Enjoy!